Monday, February 22, 2010

I was wrong. Print it... I don't care. I will say it again, I was wrong

There have been an inordinate amount of poop stories circulating lately. Never one to want to miss a good poop story, I have read them all with a chuckle. With 5 kids, poop is in abundance around here. Laugh or cry, it doesn't go away. Before I divulge my most recent poop story I will provide this. If you come to my house unannounced I cannot promise what you will find. *AND* yes, I did disinfect today... a lot... which is why my living room looks like it does currently. Much funnier reading the trials of someone else, but alas here is my latest (And I will laugh about it later).
Over the weekend I noticed some brown smeared on the walls in the bathroom. Sydney is currently potty training and gets m&ms when she goes on the potty. Her siblings often bring the candy to her while she is still in the bathroom. (Gross, I know, but sweet that they want to help and be encouraging.) I assumed the brown was melted chocolate, as there are lots of chocolate prints around our house. Never one to neglect an unknown substance though, I cleaned it up and went on my merry way. I found some more in the downstairs bathroom but again assumed it was chocolate, as Sydney (I thought) always tells me when she does poop so I can wipe her. Well today I found more on the downstairs wall and on her sticker potty chart. As I was again cleaning it up, I noticed in the trash can a few little q-tips. One end of the q-tip was brown... with poo. Sydney has been painting the walls and her chart with poo. I asked the boys about it. Jacob said, "It was Syd. I saw her playing with her poop today." I asked him why he didn't get me. He said, "I don't know. You're the Mom, not me." So I asked Sydney about it. She laughed. I told her poop only goes in the potty. She laughed. Then she said, "I colored on paper" and laughed again. Then she cried because I tore off the part of her chart that had poo on it. We laugh big. We cry big.
So how does the title fit the story? I have told people repeatedly that boys are harder to handle as toddlers. That boys are wild and unafraid. That boys are loud and busy and get into everything. And I don't take back that boys are all of those things. But so is Sydney. Sydney is a force all her own. She is a rumble, tumble, punch her sister in the face, then hug and kiss all over her kind of girl. She is a happy, wild, carefree spirit with a huge heart. There is nothing in the world like that girl. So here is my sweeping apology to all the Moms that I told boys are harder as toddlers. I was wrong.

1 comment:

Megan said...

She is such the independent princess! :)