Friday, February 26, 2010

Ever practical

Jacob, Sam, and I had a rare time alone in the car last evening. It was hurried getting out the door, with Sydney and Josh both crying. Shortly into our drive, Samantha asked me if I like being the Mom of 5 kids. I replied that of course I do. It is hard some days but I am so happy that I have them as my family. She paused, then said, "I am only having 2 kids". Jacob piped up with "Me too!". Sam continued with, "I want a boy and a girl. That's it." I asked her what she would do if she had 2 boys or 2 girls. She said, "I would be mad but I guess I would love them." (It gets a little confusing here so I am going to write it like a dialog in a play.)
Always helpful, Jacob offered, "Yeah, I would be mad too. But I would get rid of them".
Sam continued with, "Oh, I could sell one."
Jacob- "yeah, I would sell one for like $10"
Sam- "no, like $100, maybe $100,000"
Jacob- "Does it cost $100,000 to get a baby?"
Sam- "That's what it cost Mom and Dad, right Mom?"
The conversation took a brief pause when I had to explain about insurance and who pays what and how it works. After listening to me for a moment, Sam paused again, then continued, "I would just sell them and start over".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Uncle John was going to trade me to his barber, but the barber only offered one sucker and that was the deal breaker. Uncle John wanted two! Thus I got to continue growing up a "Wray". It might be in their genes.....

Megan said...

Ah, if only they knew how much Jacob Gentry cost us! :)