Monday, November 29, 2010

The celebrating began in October

Beginning October 4th, festivities are in full swing in the Hensley household. Jacob's birthday, October 4th, marks the start of weeks (actually months) of fun times here that won't end until March 7th (with a small break in February for no birthdays!) on Joshua's birthday.
Being in 1st grade and having his own mates, Jacob decided to have a birthday party. It was tons of fun watching 7 little 1st graders running around and swimming. I must admit, the best part was that it was NOT at my house. We rented the pool at the local rec center and the kids swam, ate pizza, and opened presents. And at the end, Jacob told me it was the best party ever. Can't beat that!
Next up, October 11th for Sean's birthday... 37! Wow. That is a big number. *wink* Rather low-key, we played Mario Bros and Daddy got a beer. We had some fabulous dinner that I made and of course, a dessert. Apparently it wasn't too fabulous though since I can't remember what I did for either.
Next up in October... trick or treating on the 28th. In Dublin, we don't trick or treat on weekends so when Halloween falls on one, as it did this year, we go out the Thursday before. The kids were terribly excited, as was I. I wore a modified costume (just a wig and make-up) and managed to get Sean in a wig this year too. We had a great time with the McCloys, as always, and were happy to have the Papps join us this year. Sam was a witch this year and Sydney was her black cat. Joshua was the cutest, and perhaps saddest, cow I have ever seen. Jackson was Buzz Lightyear and Jacob was Darth Vader. We came home with too much candy, that I am still trying to keep us all out of. Time to donate!



On Friday, the kids had their Harvest Parties at school. I am the Room Mom in Jacob's classroom so I got to plan this party. It was a lot of fun and Jacob said all the kids had a great time. Yeah!
That night we left for Cincinnati to meet Grammie for the birthday weekend. Sean had some work to do that evening so Grammie and I ordered pizza and occupied the kiddos until he was done and we all went swimming. Saturday (my birthday! ugh. 35.) we did some shopping while Sean did a little more work then we all went out for dinner. Grammie taught us all how to make hats on the round knitting looms. I am on a mission now and really enjoying them! Sunday was Cheesecake Factory, Hello Kitty for Sydney, and then heading home. It was a fantastic weekend! Our first visit with Grammie since her return from Alaska!

1 comment:

MommaKiss said...

Love this!! You need an e-mail option - how can I contact you???

Sorry you didn't like my Packer's shout out. I'm a life long fan. Can't lie :p