Monday, March 29, 2010

He is a Genius


Conversations at our house are sometimes a test of one's patience and "willingness to play along". The most obvious questions to Sean and I are tedious at times, though asked seriously by our kids. Example. We were sitting at the table the other night and Jacob asked me if I know George Washington's middle name (not obvious or tedious. Actually a pretty good questions). I said that I don't but we can look it up. So he asked me if I know George Washington's last name. (Here come the irritating questions). I said yes. It is Washington. So he asked if I know George Washington's first name. Again I replied yes, it is George. Then he asked if I know Abraham Lincoln's last name. Then first name. The game is getting old and I have repeatedly pointed out the answer is in the question. So he finally asks if I know Abraham Lincoln's middle name. I told him that is a good question, different from the others, but I don't know his middle name. Jackson pipes up. "I know it", he says. Eager for this answer, we ask him what it is. He looks at us like we are clueless parents and answers, "Ham. His middle name is Ham. Abra Ham Lincoln". Genius.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is awesome. Clever kid!